Index FIDE 1948-1990 Pre-FIDE Highlights Best games News/Feedback Gifts Site map
World Chess Championship
Moscow, V, 2012.
SG = Standard games
RP = Rapidplay games (tiebreak)
From FIDE.com (unless otherwise noted):-
- 2009-10-20: London given option for World Championship 2012 'The Executive Board in Halkidiki, Greece gave an option to London to organise the World Chess Championship in 2012. The Organizing Committee requested the option for Olympic Games year in London and they have until February 15th 2010 to exercise the option which must include the offer of a prize fund similar to that for the match between champion GM V. Anand and GM V. Topalov next April. If the option is not exercised then FIDE will open the bidding procedure.'
- 2011-02-03: London withdraws 2012 World Chess Championship Bid [chess.co.uk/twic] 'IM Malcolm Pein has released a statement on behalf of Chess Promotions Ltd of which he his CEO announcing that they could not arrive at an agreement with the International Chess Federation FIDE to host the World Chess Championships in London in 2012.'
- 2011-02-09: Open letter of Mr. Israel Gelfer concerning the FWCM 2012 'Dear Malcolm, I received the announcement of Chess Promotions that you are withdrawing your offer to organize the FIDE World Championship match (FWCM) with great disappointment.'
- 2011-03-29: FIDE World Championship Match 2012 - Bidding procedure and Regulations 'FIDE is publishing the bidding procedure and regulations for the FIDE World Championship Match 2012 between World Champion V. Anand and his challenger from the Candidates Matches. The match is scheduled for April-May 2012 and the deadline for receiving bids is 31 July 2011.' See also: Rules & Regulations for the FIDE World Championship Match (FWCM) 2012 [FIDE Handbook]
- 2011-08-02: World Championship Match 2012 'FIDE announces that two offers were received in its office by the deadline of 31 July for the World Championship Match 2012, one from the Russian Chess Federation and one from the All India Chess Federation.'
- 2011-08-09: World Championships Matches - Press Release 'The Federation Internationale des Echecs is pleased to announce that following the evaluation of the bids for the World Chess Championship Match 2012 and the recommendations by the World Championship and Olympiad Commission, it has awarded the organization of the match to the Russian Chess Federation. The match will be held in May 2012 in Skolkovo, Moscow, Russia and offers the World Champion Vishwanthanan Anand from India, and the Challenger Boris Gelfand from Israel, a prize fund of 2,550,000 US dollars.'
- 2011-11-28: Contract on the World Chess Championship Match 2012 'The contract on organizing the Match was signed on 26 November 2011 in the central office of INTERFAX in Moscow. The contract was signed by the FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, the Head of Supervisory Board of the Russian chess federation, Assistant to the President of the Russian Federation Arkady Dvorkovich, Viswanathan Anand and Boris Gelfand.'
- 2012-02-21: Tretyakov Gallery is a venue for the World Chess Championship match 'On February 20th, a ceremony of signing a contract between the Russian Chess Federation and a worldwide known Museum Tretyakov Gallery took place. The Tretyakov Gallery will be a venue for the World Chess Championship match this May.'
PGN file ZIPped