Index FIDE 1948-1990 Pre-FIDE Highlights Best games News/Feedback Gifts Site map
World Chess Championship
The rules governing these events were issued by FIDE in July 2007.
Anand won WCCT 2007 in October 2007, triggering the sequence described in paragraph 4.1.1.
Anand - Kramnik
Bonn, Germany, X-XI, 2008
Topalov - Kamsky
Sofia, Bulgaria, II, 2009.
From FIDE.com (links broke when FIDE redesigned their site; use search):-
- 2007-06-24 Tallinn Presidential Board Maps New World Chess Championship Cycle [see PDF]
- 2007-07-19 Regulations for the 2007-2009 World Chess Championship Cycle published
- 2007-09-30 Viswanathan Anand is World Champion
- 2007-12-17 Gata Kamsky Wins World Cup 2007
- 2007-12-19 World Chess Championship Match 2008, Anand vs Kramnik
- 2008-02-19 Bids for the WCC Challengers Match Kamsky - Topalov 2008
- 2008-04-09 Bids for the Match V.Topalov - G. Kamsky.; 'extension of the deadline for receiving bids for the match V. Topalov - G. Kamsky until April 23rd 2008'
- 2008-05-01 WCC semi-final match Kamsky-Topalov; 'official announcement concerning the host country of the WCC semi-final match Kamsky-Topalov will be published and distributed by Monday 12 May 2008'
- 2008-05-12 Press Release [Kamsky - Topalov WCC semi-final match]; 'extension of three more days as deadline for receiving alternative bids'
- 2008-05-15 Press Release / Kamsky - Topalov 2008; 'FIDE received today the following bid from Mr Alexander Chernenko'
- 2008-06-01 FIDE President guarantees Topalov-Kamsky Match
- 2008-11-04 Announcement of the FIDE President concerning the match Topalov - Kamsky; 'no transfer made to the FIDE bank account'
- 2008-11-06 Challenge Match back on track
- 2008-11-19 FIDE Press Release on Topalov-Kamsky Challenger Match
- 2008-11-21 The FIDE Challenger Match Press Release
PGN file ZIPped