Index FIDE 1948-1990 Pre-FIDE Highlights Best games News/Feedback Gifts Site map
World Chess Championship
New York, XI, 2016.
SG = Standard games
RP = Rapidplay games (tiebreak)
From FIDE.com (unless otherwise noted):-
- 2016-03-01: World Chess Championship comes to New York City! 'The 2016 FIDE World Chess Championship, the pinnacle of the global sport played by more than 600 million people, is to take place in New York.'
- 2016-03-10(?): Sergey Karjakin qualifies for the 2016 World Championship Match! 'The 14th and last round of the FIDE World Candidates Tournament 2016 was held today at the DI Telegraph in Moscow, Russia.'
- 2016-08-10: FIDE World Chess Championship Match 2016 'The FIDE World Chess Championship Match 2016 is to take place at the Seaport District in Manhattan, New York.'
- 2016-09-16: World Chess Championship Match 2016 'The World Chess Championship Match 2016 to become the first of any sport to be broadcast in 360° Virtual Reality.'
- 2016-10-19: Agon Press Release about World Championship Match 'Agon Ltd launches affiliate programme for broadcast of World Championship Match.'
PGN file ZIPped